Floral Post-Workout Wipes with Hydrating Aloe Recipe
When you’re making that mad dash to the gym each day, squeezing in a work-out routine you promised yourself last New Year’s Eve; you don’t always have time to take the best care of your skin.
We get it. We also understand the importance of proper cleansing to prevent breakouts or worse.
Next time you find yourself pressed for time, you might wish you had tried these cleansing face and body wipes to quickly transition from cool down to whatever life may throw at you next.
- Witch hazel (preferably alcohol-free)
- Dried flowers of your choice such as dried roses, lavender or chamomile for infusing
- Cotton face pads
- Mason jar
- Remove petals from stems and run them under lukewarm water to remove any residue
- Place ½ cup flowers in a large container and cover with 1 cup of witch hazel
- Seal the container and place in direct sunlight for several days, such as on a window sill
- When complete, strain the liquid to get the flower pieces out
- Add 1/3 cup Aloe Vera
- Place cotton pads in Mason jar and pour liquid over them
- Allow the cotton pads to fully soak in the liquid
- Drain excess fluid from cotton pads leaving just a bit of solution to preserve moisture
Optional: Feel free to add or substitute loose-leaf green-tea in your infusion for added antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
You can save any leftover solution for your next batch or for use as a refreshing & cleansing body spray instead.
Using this as an all over spritz will help prevent acne on your chest and back where sweat and bacteria can accumulate thanks to tight work-out gear!
Like us on Facebook for our latest beauty news, specials and even more DIY recipes.